The Powder Room


Monday, August 29, 2011

Quick and Easy 5 mintue Esther Williams Hair Style



This  my  Esther Williams Hair How To on her famous braids she worn in her 1940's movies!!
I want to warn you dolls....
While I was doing this how to ...this was my first time too!
So this is not perfect .... So I will say this is more inspired by Esther Williams 1940's.
This hair do is perfect for the Fall and for the Summer!!
Perfect for medium to long hair!

What you need : Hair spray, Bobby pins, Pony Tail Bands.

So Here is the set for this hair style... If you don't want to set your hair that is perfectly fine.

I braided it three braids to add a wavy texture when brushed out.

A Crown of Pin curls going  clock wise

Sleep in the set or go under the dryer until its completely dry

Brush your hair out and part your hair which every way you part and add a bobby pin like so in the picture above.

Leaving the sides out from the ear and behind split your hair in half in the back as shown in the picture. Tie a rubber band and tuck everything under secure with bobyypins



Braid the two section below.

Cross them and pin them in place

For the Top Braid the two like you did on the bottom and pin!!

A Look from The Top! Hair spray your hair !!


You can add a cute flower to your hair a head scarf! Have Fun with my  1940's inspired by Esther Williams 5 Minute Hair style!

Hope you love it
 If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Tootles
Miss Amethyst

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to figure out what you did with that large portion of hair in the ponytail. Did you stuff it under, and leave some hair out underneath to make the two back braids? Or is that the ponytail itself split in half and braided?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok i took to sections . one of the sections I put in a pny tail...the pony tail gets tucked under and pined...the second section is the hair thats underneath which is braided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, I am going swimming tomorrow so this is a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did it to my hair. I love it, bc it stays secure, but does not feel tight!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ..make my day!